Wednesday, October 22, 2008

i LOVE fall !!!

Fall is upon us! I decorated and mentally prepared for fall mid-September, so it is a little strange that it is actually cold now! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the crispness in the air, the bright blue of the humidity-free sky contrasting with the beautiful leaves, wearing a sweatshirt without actually sweating...
And of course one of the most exciting parts about the season is the excuse to decorate! Last year I scoped out the 70% off sale at Target on Nov 1 (which I plan to do again this year, duh) and got a few things. But I definitely could use more! I guess it's one of those things that you accrue slowly - stuff.
I've included some pics of my decor-on-the-cheap "autumnal display" - as my mom so eloquently puts it! I've decided to go the pumpkin route for a theme - cliche, no? But I think it's seasonal enough not to be limited to October 1-31. And plus, I like them! I've got 8 right now - Tony has forbidden me from getting more! For now..

My fun DIY project for the season was buying those foam faux pumpkins and painting them "classy" colors, then adding glitter to ruin the classiness!

My mom would be proud - I have two mums that have yet to die, and I have had them for about a month! I have very brown thumbs.
And the most important part of fall - pumpkin scented candles!!


I'm excited that it's 50 in the morning and 70 in the afternoon, but in about a month, I'm sure my Georgia self will be freezing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Without a doubt- my most favorite time of the year as well... and I can't wait to decorate as well! Took us a little while to accrue 'fall stuff,' and we still don't have a lot, but I think that's because we started out for the first years of our marriage just decorating for Halloween and then Christmas; Autumn was ignored.

    Look forward to seeing pics from this year:)!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...