Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mom's 2nd 49th Birthday!

This weekend my young and beautiful mother turned the big 5-0! (Well, technically, she crested the half century mark on Tuesday, but we turned the weekend into her birthday instead). Tony and I, and Caitlin, came into town, and together with dad and Courtney's help, we planned a fun surprise party for Saturday night. Luckily, the UT game was at 7pm and on payperview, so it was the perfect excuse for my mom's friend Elaine to "invite" them over to her house to watch the game. She just failed to mention that 25 other people would be there too!

My aunt Patty came in town for the weekend from Virginia to surprise her, so I think my mom figured that was all of the surprising she was in store for.
We were all on Elaine's porch when they drove up, and you could tell she was definitely surprised! She was decked out in UT orange and even brought cupcakes, thinking she was contributing to the dinner!
We had wonderful food and drinks, and an awesome cake, thanks to Sabra's talent (she made my awesomely delicious wedding cake too)! It was a great time, and I hope it was fun for mom! She deserves to get all of the attention for once! Love ya mom!



Three generations!




My lovely sis's!


Hampster and Tony - chatting it up

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl - thanks for your sweet comment you left on Bower Power...glad to meet another GA blogger! love your post about your landscaping - what a huge difference!

    keep it up girl!

    XO - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw claire your mom is soo cute! love laurie! i love hte cake too, did your creative self make that? i still think your famous for getting in seventeen mag for your cute bday/gift cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...