Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chocolate = Happiness

This recipe is just too good not to share! I got this from my mom, but I was able to successfully follow the recipe - which, if you know of my skills in the kitchen, would know that's quite a feat.

"Darn Good Chocolate Cake"

-Spray and flour for coating the pan
- 1 18.25 oz package of devil's food cake mix
- 1 3.9 oz package of chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I made mine half chocolate, half peanut butter chips)
- Frosting and crushed Butterfinger (also my addition)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray lightly a 12-cup Bundt pan, then dust with flour.

2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, warm water, and oil in large bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low for one minute, then stop to scrape the sides (this stuff is really thick!). The mix 2 or 3 minutes more on medium. Once it's well-mixed, fold in the chocolate/pb chips. Pour into the pan and smooth it out with a spatula.

3. Bake for 45 mins (or until it is springy to the touch and pulls back a little from the sides of the pan). Cool on wire rack for 20 mins. Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen, then invert onto a plate.

4. Wait until it's totally cooled to frost and add Butterfinger! (this is the "healthy" optional addition).

5. Enjoy!! I personally like it when it's straight from the refrigerator, rather than warm.


Tony looooooves birthdays!

2 comments:

  1. What a great recipe - Josh would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! that is a darn good looking cake if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...