Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas Boxes

When I wrote this post last week about Operation Christmas Child, I promised I would share what we bought to go in the boxes for the kiddos.

Here's what I put in mine (I chose a Girl aged 5-9):
  • Nerds!
  • Fun hair clips and bracelets
  • Mittens (even though this might go to a kid in the desert - oh well!)
  • Dress up slippers
  • Pencils, Colored Pencils, Chalk, Crayons, Notepads, Sticker book
  • Half of a set of plastic jungle animals (Tony took the other half)
  • Soap
  • Lip Gloss
  • Rubber Christmas stampers
  • A stuffed reindeer
    • See my deranged dog in the background?  I have mentioned she LOVES anything white and fluffy, so she was soooooo upset that I wouldn't let her have that reindeer.  I even had to put it on the mantle while I was organizing everything so she wouldn't steal it.  She looked at the mantle for a good two hours -- even after I had already packed it up in the box.  Poor dog - she's lacking in the brains department....



Here's Tony's.  He packed it up before I had the chance to take a picture of what was inside, but a lot of it was similar to mine, with a few extra "boy" things thrown in there. 



[And he did such a good job packing it I couldn't unpack just for a photo...it's kinda like when he folds the laundry...I really want to unfold and refold the "right" way, but I try to resist...at least while he's watching...]

They take the boxes up until the 23rd - you can find a dropoff location here.

I wish I could pack 1,000 of these.

1 comment:

  1. This is very neat. Thanks for sharing. We may have to try it.

    We just picked up two senior secret santas at the local grocery. It breaks my heart, one asked for men's flannel shirts and peanuts, the woman asked for a snuggie. =) I cannot wait to get them packed up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...