Monday, December 21, 2009

Lighting the Night



Christmas is this week - how weird is that?  Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't feel like Christmas at all.  I've wrapped all my presents, been listening to festive music for a month, and our house is all decorated... but still, it doesn't feel very Christmassy.  I'm going to just assume it's an off year for me, and go at Christmas full-force next year (which brings me to another point - how weird is it that it's 2010?  I can remember the whole Y2K business like it was only a few years ago!).


Anyway...it's become a Christmas tradition to go see the Christmas lights display that the Gaddy family puts up on their property each year in Fayetteville.  I talked about this display here last year, but it's so awesome I'm posting about it again...  And because I'm bored at work... And because I took an irrational amount of pictures of the lights and need to put them somewhere.

No, the lights don't synch to music or play rockband, but they are a good old fashioned southern lights display - complete with American flag, lots of baby Jesuses, and penguins riding tractors.

So turn up the Christmas tunes and enjoy:

























Maybe next year I will have a camera that can capture the fabulousness of them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...