Friday, March 19, 2010

Ava Grace




I'm happy to report that little Ava Grace was born on Wednesday 3/17 at 7:17pm.  Ava was determined to be born on a holiday - she was due on Easter, but came on St. Patrick's Day.  She weighed in at 5 pounds, 13 ounces and 20 inches long. 


She is absolutely beautiful and I say that without any smidgen whatsoever of biasness (ok, well, I'm totally biased because I have been on pins and needles waiting for all of these babies ever since I got the good news about all of them!).  But seriously, she is beautiful!  I hate to admit, but some babies look a little, well, alien, for a while... but not this girl!  She has a full head of dark hair (of course!) and stunning dark eyes.   

Her momma had a rough day (that ended up in a c-section after a full day of hard labor!) but everyone is healthy which makes me soooo happy!!  I hope Jennifer recovers quickly.

I was so grateful that Jon and Jennifer let us be there with them on that day (even in their room for some of the day!).  We were happy to be there and so glad we got to share in the day.  After Ava was born, we got to watch through a window as they did all of the fun tests, bath, poking and prodding, and got her all baby-burritoed up.  Along with Jennifer's parents, we were glued to that glass like little kids, squealing uncontrollable nonsense words (ok, well, that was just me...). 




It is SO amazing that the little girl we were watching had JUST come out of her mom... how can that even happen?  The whole pregnancy/birth process is so mind-boggling, isn't it??


And I have to brag about my little niece - besides already being a stunner at age five minutes, she was so unbelievably calm and aware.  She hardly fussed as the nurse did her checkups, and she calmly laid there just looking around, taking in the world, and watching her daddy.  She even looked over at us in the window and waved! 

Ok, well, she didn't do that exactly, but I swear she looked over!  We never even really heard her cry (although, since, I'm sure her parents have!).

I want to make Holding Babies my #1 hobby for 2010.

Although Ava was a bit early (2ish weeks) we are so happy she is here and healthy.  I can't wait to go back once they are settled at home and work on my hobby. 

1 down, 1 to go :)

3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful!! I am so happy for John and Jennifer and for you guys...Aunt Claire and Uncle Tony! Wow! What a miracle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! She is beautiful. Enjoy being an aunt. It is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava is so beautiful! Congratulations! I absolutely love your new resolution.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...