Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Decide What to Be - And Go Be It"

Do you all listen to The Avett Brothers?  My friend JoBeth got me hooked last summer when we saw them in concert here in Atlanta, and I've been in love ever since.  They have one particular song that always spoke to me, especially as I got closer to deciding what to be when I grow up... 


No clue what it's about, but the chorus was always super-inspirational to me - take a listen:





If you’re loved by someone, you’re never rejectedDecide what to be and go be it
There was a dream and one day I could see itLike a bird in a cage I broke in and demanded that somebody free itAnd there was a kid with a head full of doubtSo I’ll scream til I die and the last of those bad thoughts are finally out




So I was excited when I heard they were playing a post-game concert after today's Braves game.  JoBeth and I went - got some sun, watched a little baseball, and enjoyed the daytime concert!












They sang my song, and I loved every minute!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of them before! But that sure does look like a fun day. Knowing me, I'd go to a ballpark on a gorgeous day and hours later, you'd find me sitting on a barstool in a dark bar, watching the game on the tv. My priorites are seriously out of whack :) Oh and seriously SERIOUSLY jealous of your tank top weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to see them live? I just started listening to them a few months ago after Chad introduced me to their greatness, and I haven't been able to stop since! Ironically, I'm listening to your "song" right now! :) It's so perfect for your new phase!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...