Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Smoothies

Now that I'm not cube-bound 5 days a week, I get to enjoy one of my fave summer lunches - smoothies!  Granted, Smoothie King's versions are much better, but since I'm bringing in $0/hour, I have to resort to making my own.
 

I usually have frozen fruit on hand, but it's always a toss up as to whether we have fresh juice and non-expired yogurt.  Enter Pinterest, with yet another super-amazing-why-didn't-I-think-of-that idea.  Basically you just freeze yogurt and juice in ice cube trays so you always have these on hand.  Simply brilliant.




Bonus points for yogurt stars.  Depending on what type you are making and how thick you like it, you might want to thaw them first, but it has worked for me to just pop them into the blender with the rest of the frozen stuff.  Yum!








Any other great smoothie tricks/recipes I should know of??

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I never even thought of doing yogurt 'ice' cubes. Perfect when you only get twenty minutes for lunch (in my case anyway).

    I wonder if it would work for coffee too...freezing coffee into ice cubes. That way when you want iced coffee, it won't be so watery.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...