Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy.

I feel very happy this Saturday morning.  We woke up to semi-fall-like temperatures.  We went on a morning walk with the dogs, and even now from the window I can see a clear blue sky, free (for the moment) of the humidity haze.  I'm dreaming of falling leaves and pumpkin candles and jeans.  I'm listening to a song that makes me nod my head back and forth.  I'm stuck inside doing homework - but it's ok.


I'm happy today.


I had a really good week.  I mentioned that I started my student teaching, which marks my first real experience in a classroom.  I went into teaching somewhat blindly, with no real prior knowledge.  I was so scared.  I had so many fears.  What if I got in a classroom and didn't like it??  Not just the teacher or the room, but being a teacher.  We've put so much (time, energy, money, sacrifice) into this, into allowing me to change my life completely.  What if, after all of that.... I didn't like it?  What then?


But today I am happy.  


I loved it.  I love it.  And it's not just the room or the school or the teacher or the specific kids.  I love the feeling.  I can really see myself as a teacher.  I know there will be good days and bad, and I know I have so very much more to learn and experience. But I know deep down that this is what I was meant to do.


thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...