Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Home

It wouldn't be December without me sharing pictures of my house jazzed up for Christmas.  Tony already thinks I have entirely too much stuff (considering our lack of places to put it in a small house that has few surfaces...), so I just have to work with what I've got (or DIY) each year.  

This year beats last year, that's for sure.  I was 2 months pregnant last year, feeling like I was going to die perpetually, so not a whole lot of Christmas cheer was had.  This year, a little better.  I went monochromaticish.


Our mantle is silver - thanks to some ornaments and sparkly things.  I tied the ornaments with fishing line to be sure they wouldn't all roll off - trying out a necklace along the way...

  
 (sidenote: I'm lazy so Instagram has become my new blogging, it seems.  I may or may not check it a million times per day - so want to let me know what your username is so I have someone new to follow??  Mine is claireity66 if you are interested!)



Isn't that deer head amazing???  It was a birthday gift from my mom - she knows me all too well.  I'm thinking he might stick around though the rest of winter.


The rest I've had for a few years and I think it looks wintry and festive.  


The kitchen table, as you have seen, is woodlands gold.  I still love it.



And for a little color


Our tree is always filled with meaningful ornaments - ones that were special to both Tony and I growing up, as well as new ones we have acquired over the years.  It's not color coordinated or themed, but I love it just the same.  Next year we will probably only be able to decorate the top half of it, so I'm enjoying it while I can.


Um, we put lights up outside - and enjoyed them for a week - and then some mysterious part along the line malfunctioned so they have been dark since... Maybe next year?


We are off to have a holly jolly Christmas - same to you! 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, friend. I love all your decor but I'm particularly loving tht deer head. So cool. And that's such a great family picture.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...